Varsity Assistant Coach
20 Questions with Coach Sam:
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it? Sam, Sammybheart, Braveheart, and Sammy B.
- How many brothers and sisters do you have? I have 2 brothers who both play college lacrosse, Shane goes to York College and Bryce goes to McDaniel College.
- If you were a vegetable, which one would you be? An Onion! If anyone knows me they would say I eat them way too often.
- What is your favorite food? This is hard, I can’t choose one so I’ll go with Fajitas, Chicken Parm, Crabs, and Cookie Dough ice cream!
- What is your favorite candy? Snickers! They really do take away your hunger like the commercials say. I also like sour gummy worms if I’m feeling that route.
- If you didn’t play lacrosse, what other sport would you play? I would play field hockey! I was very close to playing both lacrosse and field hockey at Towson, but realized I wanted to be with the lacrosse team the whole year.
- What is your favorite lacrosse memory? There are way too many memories I’ve been fortunate to have! In high school, beating Marriotts Ridge in the Regional Championship my junior year. In college, winning two CAA conference championships, and senior day was also a special day.
- What is one song on your playlist? I don’t really have a specific song, but I’m definitely a country girl!
- What are three adjectives which describe you? VERY (OCD) organized, dedicated, and loyal.
- How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you? A blonde-curly head, blue eyes, average height, athletic but can be uncoordinated.
- What makes you laugh? I’m known to laugh at really stupid things, so probably just laughing at a dumb comment I made or being goofy! If anyone knows Kieran Kelleher who graduated also in 2013 with me, she was always able to make me laugh at anything she did.
- What were your favorite subjects in school? History and PE
- When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do? Work out! Especially now that I’m not forced to for the first time in a long time.
- What three items would you take if you knew you were going to stranded on a tropical island for a year? Cell phone, sun block, a towel.
- What is your favorite season and why? Summer! The beach and my birthday, two of my favorite things.
- Do you like to dance? Yes, but I’ve been told multiple times my athleticism is lost when I start to dance 😦
- What place would you like to visit? I want to go on a little cruise on the Amazon in South America!
- If you could only watch on TV show for the next year, which would it be? Most definitely Fixer Upper! I’m an HGTV addict.
- Which would you prefer as a second home: Mountain cabin, beach house or big city condo? Beach house!
- What is one thing on your bucket list? Probably try to hit a lot of historic landmarks in the US!